After four days and, like, forty three episodes, I am now up to date with Parks and Rec.
Earlier tonight, I found a blog post an old friend wrote. We’ll call her Rose. I called Rose my best friend and even lived with her for a little over six months. When we stopped being friends, we stopped being friends hard and loud. I’m still trying to recover my sense of vulnerability in my current relationships (and hell, in my life in general) largely because things ended so painfully with her.Read more
- sold shitton of books at half price books, got $28 dollars for them (holla!)
- walked to the menil, only to find out it was closed. fail.
- met up with katie and drove to the museum of fine arts houston. found that’s also closed. fail.
- took the metro rail (which i found out is called the red line too) into downtown.
- got off at the wrong stop, but decided to walk to discovery green.
- stopped into books a million, where we did the same thing i do with every friend i go into a bookstore with: read the first and last lines of random books off the shelf.
- also had her read the first few pages “out of body,” my favorite story in goon squad. she became a fan. (yes!)
- walked to discovery green, had fun.
- took the bus to the menil area. wanted to go to the byzantine chapel and the rothko chapel but the byzantine was closed (what the fuck houston art?), but the rothko wasn’t, so we went and enjoyed it because the rothko chapel is fucking awesome and if you live in or are visiting houston, you have to go there for real.
- decided what i wanted to do with mikey adventure saga and general life.
- thrifted on the strip of westheimer with the resales on it. didn’t buy anything like a good person.
- finished the day talking about process, the mikey adventure saga and how i know too much about harry potter at the agora cafe with katie and (later) her parents.
All in all, a successful day.
- wrote two letters.
- found out i had pretty much an A in human sexuality seminar
- applied to THREE (count ‘em, THREE) jobs.
- talked to my mom.
- writing a journal entry about “another country” i did this too!
Things I told myself I would accomplish but will be putting off some more:
- starting my theories of personality paper.
- cleaning my room, doing my laundry, being domestic, etc.
- emailing angelique and tara back
- writing the other letters i need to
Oh well, still got stuff done!
Monday accomplishments, a list:
- Woke up at 10:15 and called my mom and actually talked to her about things including: thinking it was snowing when it wasn’t and how excited I am to clean the ceiling fans.
- Went to Gay and Lesbian class and had a really good argument that the teacher said was good.
- Found out there was a second level of Barnes and Noble
- Walked 1.1 miles in -4 degree weather.
- Went to my favorite places with Rachel (which isn’t new. The accomplishment was that we went on a Monday.)
- Had too much coffee, complained about how I wanted more toast and told Daniel that I thought he was a quality human being.
- Finished my final movement (shown above) (!!!) on Rachel and Sarah’s air mattress (aka the ocean)
- Finished The Bluest Eye.
today was an accomplished day.